China Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Where to get Nac-MG parts?

Hi,

because of some bottlenecks concerning MG-Rover parts I am looking for a contact that can provide these parts from China to Germany... I am looking forward to any hint. :eek:

Thanks, Tom

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Best would be something like an online shop, but there isn't anything like this.
Second best would be a contact person who could help me.
Nac-MG refers to X-part, but that does not help while some parts are not available there

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,

I used to own an MGF which I sold about 5 years ago, I bought from new when the MGF first came out and still miss it! ;-(

I'm tempted to buy an MFTF approx 2003 year as they seem real bargins at the moment!

...but I suspect the reason they are so cheap is related to Rover not being in business any more and spare parts gradually becomming harder to find?

What I was wondering however is since the MGTF (and MGF) use the 1.8 k series, which is the same as is still used in the Free Lander does this mean that engine parts at least are still avaliable to buy new off the shelf? How much of the engine is compatible with the MGTF?

...Also, since the MGTF is now built (or about to be built) in China would the Chineese spare parts fit a UK spec MGTF or have they redesigned it? (I assume they arnt using the KSeries?)

Any help or guidance on the parts situation would be greatly appriciated.

Thanks

Johnre

·
Registered
469 Posts
Today the MG TF is being built in the UK, at Longbridge where it always was as well as China! All parts are available and they still use slightly updated K-Series engines.

There are a few parts that are now obsolete due to newer replacements being available and some F parts are not available new.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts