China Car Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Geely was in my opinion, but now they've changed course. They are now following suit of Cherry's plan to enter the U.S. market with mid level cars, no longer the extremely cheap cars as previously promised. I feel jipped after I already made my investment, I was really hoping they would take over the economy car market. Jeez, anyways, now what? Regardless, at least one of the Chinese car companies is going to be successful sometime, but which one????

·
Registered
469 Posts
So which Chinese car companies actually have definite plans and a definite date for entering the US market? The list just seems to get shorter...

·
Registered
469 Posts
mgrovernut said:
Are Nanjing listed yet? I'd be interested in buying shares in them.
No, and none of the companies that own them appear to be either.

Some of the subsiduaries may be part owned by listed companies though, such as the Austin Spare Parts company which is part owned by NAC UK and part owned by ???

·
Registered
314 Posts
i would not invest in any chinese car/bus/truck.mc company, the threat of law suit for copy/plagarism againt the chinese is to much and therefore a big risk:eek:

·
Registered
90 Posts
Most chinese markets have shot up 30% in the last six trading sessions.
I will not deny that markets can overextend for long lengths of time, but usually when one sees this type of action, the next move is to the downside and markedly so.
chinese workers are poorly paid and treated like slaves, it would not surprise me to see a revolution of some type very soon.

·
Registered
176 Posts
bassfisher said:
Most chinese markets have shot up 30% in the last six trading sessions.
I will not deny that markets can overextend for long lengths of time, but usually when one sees this type of action, the next move is to the downside and markedly so..
MARKETS maybe, and only 50% of the time. Too broad a statement for individual INDUSTRIES, such as auto production.

bassfisher said:
chinese workers are poorly paid and treated like slaves, it would not surprise me to see a revolution of some type very soon.
You may wish to get that hook, line, and sinker that you swallowed out of your mouth.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi all...

I must say it's a great place with lots of useful shared information....

thanks for sharing information regarding the best investment....

take care
:)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Geely, in my opinion.
No responses on this topic in nearly a year.
But GELYF.pk and/or 0175.hk stock has been doing great for the last few months.
My opinion is based on the company fundamentals as well as the stock technical analysis. The possible deal to purchase Volvo is, in my opinion, a neutral news item. However, many folks are pumped up by the possible acquisition.

By way of disclosure, I own the following China car stocks:
0175.hk (GELYF.pk), BYDDF.pk, WATG, CAAS, TXIC.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Right now, if you have been keeping up with the news, investing in car companies is not a good idea. They're all getting bailed out by the government left, right and centre.

But globally, I'd say that TaTa motors is a good bet. They're not saddled with excessive Government regulations and intervention. And their market is enormous. Same with the Chinese companies, but there are so many of those, it's hard to tell which one will rise to the top.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Interesting ideas going on in here and I see a lot of backing of companies without a strong explanation and reasoning as to why they should be backed.

In my experience, based on the history of Chinese car companies promises and desires have been thrown around but dates are pushed back/canceled and things projects realized or materialized.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts