China Car Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Pakistan is an up and coming market for cars, with a population of 160 million which is rapidly growing, a middle class market is currently being created.

The major companies present in Pakistan are :

suzuki
toyota
honda
hyundai
chevrolet/daewoo

Recently chery and changhan have also entered the market, and they plan to produce the cars locally in Pakistan.

We are a major car reseller in pakistan and have the necessary skills and capital to distribute cars here, what car manufacturers do you guys think is worth approaching for Joint Venture. Ideally we are looking for 2 companies, one for pickup/suv and one for mainstrem cars.

Right now we are in the process of approaching Geely, BYD and GWM.

Any advice?

·
Registered
280 Posts
I think that Chery would be best as for passenger cars.

Great Wall Motors make decent trucks and SUV's, I think.

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
Well Chery probably already has many resellers in pakistan already so i dont know if you want to compete with all those resellers. If you want something more original, You have Brilliance, Hafei, BYD to choose from. I also think geely already too so might be more competitive. But from what ive seen to other asian/middle east countries, geely and chery are the leaders of the chinese bunch

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the info guys.

Chery already has dealersship there.

does any1 know hich countries have Geely entered into, is there a list?

Have BYD, Brilliance or Hafei moved into any international markets yet.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
does geely have dealerships in Africa, Middle East etc or have they just exported to individuals.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Geely, Chery and BYD all have dealer ships in South America. All of these makes are also present in Middle East including Hafei and Great Wall.

I have tried to maintain a list of Chinese car manufacturers abroad. Here it is:

http://www.chinacarforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks for the info guys

is there a consulting or trading company that you can refer me to, i want them to help us deal with chinese companies because we do not know the traditions and way to do business in china.

Is there any firm that can help

·
Registered
547 Posts
hhl said:
thanks for the info guys

is there a consulting or trading company that you can refer me to, i want them to help us deal with chinese companies because we do not know the traditions and way to do business in china.

Is there any firm that can help

Try this website.

http://www.chinesecars.net/

China Motor Vehicle Documentation Centre (CMVDC) has many business contacts in China and they are familiar with the Chinese culture and way of communicating.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts