China Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I'm trying to identify which Chinese manufacturers are making the best cars now in China, and as I'm sure there are a lot of Chinese drivers on this forum, I would greatly appreciate your opinions on this matter.

Cars made in China factories in joint ventures with other World wide manufacturers, and sold as Toyota, VW, Audi, BMW etc, do not interest me. I'm only interested in models developed in-house by Chinese manufacturers, sold under their own brand. Of course, models slightly inspired from other competitors would be OK. Your own personal (or close friends) experiences with these cars would be appreciated.

So far, I personally had the chance to see and touch the Geely's CK and MK models and Great Wall Motor "Hover". I'm trying to better evaluate the Chinese manufacturers and their cars, as the new models look all great in the pictures.

Thank you.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Easy...........

This is easy to answer.................Brilliance. I was also going to say Roewe, but this is essentially a Rover so it doesn't really qualify. Brilliance is making the BEST in house original design chinese cars today (in my opinion). Great Wall's Hover is also very nice and well built (I've ridden in one and I was impressed).........after that?? I would then say Chery (their quality control is really improving and their newer models ARE original designs) and then it gets pretty muddled from there.

It's going to be a couple of years still, but chinese cars WILL be comparable in the international market from a quality standpoint........the speed of their improvements already is just amazing.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you, jmsteiny

I've been starting to look at Chinese manufacturers for only a couple of weeks and I'm impressed by how fast are these manufacturers improving their cars. At least, the exterior design is getting better and nicer everyday, with Chery probably rolling more new designs like no other.

I'm pretty sure that the interior's are a little outdated and the materials that are still used are of relatively low quality. I've seen and tested them on Geely's CK and MK. But I'm also sure that the Chinese cars are - at most - one (or two) generations behind the Korean or some European manufacturers. And unlike the Koreans, the Chinese are improving their "generations" of car every two-three years, instead six-seven years life cycle for Koreans or Europeans manufacturers. This is why I think the Chinese auto manufacturers will soon become an important auto player.

Any other opinions are highly appreciated.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I've heard some good reports about Hafei cars. The Lobo and Saibao are both original designs, and can compete in style with anything the joint-ventures in China make.

But maybe I'm just biased, because the Ha in Hafei stands for Harbin.:D

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Faw?

What about FAW cars? Models like Landmark, C1 and Besturn look promising. Are these models already for sale in China?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts