China Car Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This time a couple of years ago, that we would end up here?

Great news about OHHHHHHHHH-Klahoma. I raised my Tsing-Tao to Howard Keel last night, I don't mind telling you!

·
Registered
264 Posts
what was hard to imagine? that Nanjing would have bought MG ?
or MG coming to the US?
or that you are on a chinese car forum?:confused:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All of the above!!!

·
Registered
469 Posts
Seamaster said:
This time a couple of years ago, that we would end up here?

Great news about OHHHHHHHHH-Klahoma. I raised my Tsing-Tao to Howard Keel last night, I don't mind telling you!
Welcome on board Seamaster :)

How true, "This time a couple of years ago" the future for both Nanjing and MG looked very different and I guess the Chickasaw Nation didn't forsee this either!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Greetings, my first post on here, I recognise a few names here.
I travel a fair bit in the Far East and Australia, but have only been to China once about 9yrs ago and so much will have moved on from the VW Passats I recall seeing.
As Seamaster says, Who'd have thought it? Although I suppose Brilliance were in discussion first, then Proton, Tata et al and with the move to India/China in manufacturing it was an obvious conclusion.
Great forum!

·
Registered
249 Posts
deja vu....will we be making this same thread in 5 years after Chinese Car Manufacturers enter the US and UK markets..

and will we be making this same thread in 10 years after Chinese Car Manufacturers are somewhat successfull in the US and UK markets and gaining ppls respect;)

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looks like they mean business if today's press conference is anything to go by. If we learned anything from the SAIC and PVH débâcle, it's that the Chinese don't say anything until they've got something to say. Well, jolly good luck to them is what I say.

It was a Chinese curse, "may your times be interesting". I just hope Nanjing don't suffer the curse that seems to have afflicted every other company that's had a go at doing something different with that tired old octagon. They've certainly got the right attitude, that's for sure.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.