China Car Forums banner
41 - 60 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
You've really never heard of Opel?

They're the German arm of GM, since the 1920's. They're huge all over Europe, for some time Europe's largest maker, although I don't think they still occupy that spot.

Vauxhall is the British arm, Holden the Australian. Though they were all once unique, today they share many models (Vauxhalls are 100% Opels, Holden has several models of it's own for the locals, plus Holden makes many of the world-market Chevrolets).

The BBS-style rims on the Crown Victoria are actually stock. They were not invented for the Crown Victoria but for the Lincoln MKVII LSC, some 16 years ago. They just recycled them for use on the P74 "LX" package Crown Victoria.

I'm thinking about changing them for some of those new 16" Mustang "retro" wheels with the fake "Knock off" caps.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Vitesse said:
No, these are just cars that have come and gone.

I consider all of these vehicles, except the Renault, to be modern cars - I mean, they're not "modern" but they're newer than the cars I'm really interested in - stuff from the 1920's and 1930's.

You have a great taste for cars :thumb: I bet that 128 is rare car in the US !

I'm interested about 1920's-1930's cars myself and of course Chinese cars. Crown Victoria is a nice looking car. I love yank tanks. My ultimate dream car would be Imperial 1974-1975 / Chrysler New Yorker 1976-1978.

Antique cars are great. I have collected a lot of old vintage car magazines. Here's my photo album which includes old ads and car museum pictures:

http://community.webshots.com/user/reoroyale

That's a nice Hupmobile ad. We have one of those model 518's here in Finland. A 1936 if I remember right.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Cool stuff, Raul. I love those Röhr photos from the museum in Espoo. H.G. Röhr is one of my favorite personalities from that era, although he died tragically young of a lung infection in 1937. He'd already been the chief engineer of his own company (Röhr before he lost control of it), Adler (where he designed the fwd Trumpf and Trumpf Junior), and Mercedes-Benz (500/540K, 770K, 320, 230, etc.) by that time.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi Admin, I'm from Manchester UK.

As for Saab not as common as BMW and Audi, we Saab drivers prefer it that way ;). It's more unique and individual than a German box.

Here in the UK at least, Beemers, Audis and Mercs are all over the road, if you want a euro executive but don't want to go with the crowd, then Saab, Alfa etc offer cars full of personality.

Are there many (any?) Saabs in China?

41 - 60 of 127 Posts