China Car Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am finding it hard to decide between buying a Suzuki 1.4 Hatch back wagon for 55,000 rmb or the Xiali A series with a Toyota motor for 51,000rmb
Does anyone have any suggestions???

Attachments

·
Registered
507 Posts
Of course you buy Xiali and support the budding Chinese car industry - all the while save some money for gas; why the heck not!!! :thumb:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dependability and reliability

These are the things that interest me most. I would buy chinese without hesitation if someone could show me or convince me that a xiali with a toyota motor is a reliable and dependable combination not to much english reporting on that subject. ALso the Suzuki is made here motor and body so I would consider it a Chinese car.
let me know your thoughts

·
Registered
305 Posts
More to think about.....

I am assuming that when you refer to the A series Xiali for 51,000rmb, you are actually refering to the N3. IN any case, a couple of things to think about....

First of all, what are your NEEDS with the car? Is this going to be a "light use" vehicle (mostly for passenger use, food shopping, work commute, etc.) or more a "heavy use" vehicle (loading lots of heavy things, deliveries, etc.)? If you are leaning more towards heavy use, then I would DEFINTELY go with the Suzuki. More room to carry things, more powerful engine and stronger shocks and suspension. If it is more for "light use" then the Xiali would be the better of your 2 choices................but you MIGHT consider something else.

Have you seen the new Chery QQ6? It is the newest entry in the QQ "family"....within a year or so Chery will have 3 or more cars that are all part the QQ series!! The QQ6 is a bit larger than the Xiali (as well as the regular QQ) and comes with either a 1.1 (same one as in the QQ) or a 1.3 engine (a new design but being used in several Chery models now). The MAIN thing though............Chery is just a higher quality car than the Xiali (in my opinion). Yes, the Xiali will have a toyota engine - but what good will that be if something else is broken on the car????????? I've driven the Xiali N3.......not a bad car, but the transmission is NOT very good and I wasn't all that impressed with the brakes either (and I drove a new one at a Xiali dealer). The amenities offered in the interior are NOT equal compared to the Chery - 2 power windows in the Xiali vs. 4 in the Chery, better quality fit and finish (when I sat in the Xiali I could easliy see defects in how the parts fit together all over the car) in the Chery and I think a BETTER engine (at least comparing the 1.1 engines) in the Chery as well. The QQ6 is a brand new car and just started selling near Shanghai about 2 weeks ago........I would think that it will be in Guangzhou (as well as in Nanning where I live) in about a month. Other models to also consider:

Xiali - the new C1 (a MUCH more modern car than the N3 - they are already starting to build them and we should see them in 2 months or so)

Changan - CV6 (maybe not the right choice for you........about the size of the QQ or a TINY bit bigger).

Chery - S12 (this will actually be the 3rd member of the QQ family....it will be given another name like QQ5 or QQ8 or something like that - also bigger than the original QQ and it should be ready to sell by the early part of 2007).

Shanghai Maple - 205. This car has been sold for a few years now (it used to be known as the Jmstar before Shanghai Maple bought the company). A 1.3 engine and nothing really special - but it IS a good car with decent quality and a GREAT deal for 47,000rmb......and a LOT more room and comfort than the Xiali (check out the air conditioner in the Maple............WOW is it powerful and I know you live in Guangzhou :) ).

There is also the Geely MR (42,000rmb with a 1.3 engine), the Geely SRV (41,000 with a 1.3 and 45,000 with a 1.5 engine)............but I would REALLY consider the new QQ6. 4 door looks, 5 door flexibility and a great price (46,000 for the basic 1.3 and 52,000 for the top model - which includes air bags, CD changer and also ABS I believe). Good luck and keep us "posted" (no pun intended)!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Informative

Thanks for your imformative response. I took the university's Automotive engineering department head with me to look at the Spark,QQ, QQ06, Suzuki 1.4 and the Xiali N3 1.3 with toyota motor. He seemed to like the Xiali best because of the Motor and told me on all levels the toyota motor should out perform and last the other cars.

I have no heavy usage planned for my car. I dont want to end up broke down on the side of the road. I will be driving in between Foshan and Kaiping 2 times a month and in city traffic around Guangzhou and Foshan. My experience with cars/Trucks has been that Toyota 22R motor has been one of the most reliable motors I have ever owned. How does it compare to the 8A in the Xiali?
It seems so tricky buying mix matched cars here in the price range I am looking.

·
Registered
249 Posts
bedhead said:
Thanks for your imformative response. I took the university's Automotive engineering department head with me to look at the Spark,QQ, QQ06, Suzuki 1.4 and the Xiali N3 1.3 with toyota motor. He seemed to like the Xiali best because of the Motor and told me on all levels the toyota motor should out perform and last the other cars.

I have no heavy usage planned for my car. I dont want to end up broke down on the side of the road. I will be driving in between Foshan and Kaiping 2 times a month and in city traffic around Guangzhou and Foshan. My experience with cars/Trucks has been that Toyota 22R motor has been one of the most reliable motors I have ever owned. How does it compare to the 8A in the Xiali?
It seems so tricky buying mix matched cars here in the price range I am looking.
wow if your proffessor said that id listen to him :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Professor

He is not my Professor. He works at the same university I do. I am listening to him. He sure knows a lot more about chinese cars than I do. I think most of the forum members here know more than I do as well which is why I have asked for your opinions.

·
Registered
627 Posts
bedhead said:
He is not my Professor. He works at the same university I do. I am listening to him. He sure knows a lot more about chinese cars than I do. I think most of the forum members here know more than I do as well which is why I have asked for your opinions.

Are you a teacher? Do you speak cantonese.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Teacher

Yes I am a teacher and I speak some guangdong hua, My Girlfriend speaks perfect guangdong hua.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts