China Car Forums banner
21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Re: XPeng P7

Here, in this small photo, is an interesting comparison of the new 2020 BYD Han, rear seat layout, in contrast to the new P7 XPeng rear seat layout.
Ingress/egress, biteline angle, and comfort seems a lot better in the BYD model.
The P7 is currently getting a lot of attention at launch, but technology aside, ergonomics doesn't appear to have been much of a priority.
Notice the scuff marks on the low seat cushion.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
7,684 Posts
XPeng P7

Zhaoqing Xiaopeng New Energy Investment Co., Ltd., a Xiaopeng Automobile group subsidiary, has acquired 100% of Guangdong Foday Automobile Co., Ltd. Recall that Xpeng has established its own factory in Zhaoqing, Guangdong pr., and media has drawn the obvious conclusion that this acquisition has taken place in order to get hold of a production license for this unit.

Note that following the Identy X and G3, Xpeng has obtained type approval for the P7 under Haima Car's ["HMA"] license. This type approval is for a category "7" vehicle. Foday, which was registered with NDRC as a refit factory till some years ago, does not qualify for category "7", though it can manufacture category "6" vehicles under its "NHQ" license.
The P7 has just received approval under Foday's "NHQ" license too. It looks like Foday's qualification has been amended to include category "7" vehicles now, since the P7's new NDRC code is NHQ7000BEVE. This will therefore permit Xiaopeng to manufacture the P7 both at Zhengzhou and Zhaoqing facilities.

http://www.miit.gov.cn/datainfo/viewCar?carId=289714#
http://www.miit.gov.cn/datainfo/viewCar?carId=289775#

However, of note, the Haima Xiaopeng Smart Factory in Zhengzhou is a relatively new unit (attached to the Haima Car Industrial Park complex in Guancheng district) completed about two years ago which has a capacity of 150,000 vehicles per year. Xiaopeng currently builds nowhere even close to this capacity.

·
Registered
13 Posts
wow! what a great cars, I like XPING G3 it looks somewhat similar to my Nissan but I'm sure It has more power than my Nissan.

thankyou

·
Administrator
17,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
XPeng unveils P5, world's first mass-produced smart car with LiDAR

·
Administrator
17,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·

·
Administrator