Registered
14 Posts
actually one auto magazine in germany
had test drive and make the comparison between
zhonghua and hyundai new sonata.
They prefer zhonghua design,
zhonghua get better mark in comfort,
sonata is better in technology,
Overall sonata get better mark than zhonghua.
what i can said both have their own attraction.
and brilliance have another new model: M2
another nice looking car
:D

·
Registered
297 Posts
i totally agree,..wow....zhonghua grandeiur is beautiful car. and brilliance china tyring to bring to North america

·
Registered
5 Posts
what disappointed me about the original car was the interior, and i hope they have fixed this in the new model. the original car's exterior was sleek, dignified, and refined. however, the interior was too simple, cheap, and lackluster. if this car is meant to be a domestic competition against say the audi a4, then the interior definitely needs some work.

a good selling car is one that embodies a equal distribution of quality on the exterior and interior. this doesn't just apply to sedans, it goes along with exotics like ferraris as well. power and style are necessary, but always be mindful how the car will entertain you when you're sitting in a traffic jam

·
Registered
49 Posts
Any idea what engines are available with this car? Styling is one thing, but the best parts of BMWs, Audis, Mercedes, etc. are the handling and power.

I could see it doing well in America, but I would aim it more towards the Toyota Avalon, Nissan Maxima, and Hyundai Azera then the BMW 3-series and the Audi A4. Throw in a 3.0L-3.5L V6 producing around 200-240hp and it could be a good car.

·
Registered
459 Posts
The price for the 2006 Zhonghua (Brilliance Auto) Jinjue according to a post on carspyshots.net is...

1.6MT, 8v Sohc (74 kW (JIS) 6000 rpm, 133 Nm (rpm) 4500 rpm) 85800RMB = approx. $10,000 USD

1.8MT, 16v Dohc (100 kW (JIS) 6500 rpm, 165 Nm (rpm) 5000 rpm) 95800RMB = approx. $11,166 USD

2.0AT, 16v Dohc (95 kW (JIS) 6000 rpm, 173 Nm (rpm) 4500 rpm) 116800RMB = approx. $13,613 USD

The interior looks fantastic for a car in this price range IMO!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.