China Car Forums banner

21 - 40 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I second with the repair problem. I owned a chevy and I know how hard it can be, even though I am in China!!
landmark is remarkably reliable for a chinese car though.
I took it to the roughest road in southern china and rode with another toyota land cruiser. Landmark did just fine!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
m_a_gamal
There's no Automatic transmission 4x4 model available in China. I would really love to get one. Do you know what transmission it uses? What is the engine?
In China, its a 2.4L mitsubishi 4G64.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Admin said:
when zhongxing decides to create pricing for the US, then we will know.
I would guess 8-20K, somewhere between there

Welcome to chinacarforums alby13
The importer CHAMCO, has consistently been quoting a price of just under $14,000 to its prospective dealers. Seemed too low to be true to me. But now its management has suffered a serious split and is bogged down in a lawsuit that it will have to resolve before it can finally bring them into the U.S..

Zhongxing management must now be questioning their choice of a U.S. representative.

Grandtheft and M_A_Gamal we thank you for the excellent feedback on this (struggling) Chinese manufacturer.

·
Registered
7 Posts
yeah i heard about the fight inside CHAMCO.
Poor Zxauto, I wouldn't have totally trusted MY future with a foreign partner. I'd rather hire a local team in the states to be my employees, not partners. So I stay in control.
zxauto factory makes very good cars, :thumb: but I don't think much of their their marketing and sales. :mad: With a setback like this, I dont think you would see landmark for sale in the states any time soon.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Hi Dauren
Yes, I have a few:
1.At 100 kph on the highway how quiet and smooth-riding is it? Is it free of vibrations?
2. Does the heater work well in cold weather?
3. Are you happy with the ease of steering when in the tight corners of the city?
4. Did the interior have unpleasant odors after you purchased it? If the answer is yes, did the odors go away soon after?

Thank you.

·
Registered
18 Posts
1. Actually some noises come out at 110-130 kph. but i haven't any noise reduction kits, i mean all in my car is "as is".
2. Heater works normally in -20 C. no problems.
3. Happy.
4. No. i haven't smell any unpleasant odors.

P.S. sorry for late answer, i was in vaction.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Try to compare with Mitsubishi L200 in minimum packaging. it will cost more than ZX Landmark but interior is worse.
and it will not contain CD player. only casette. no electrified windows, no alloy wheels, no leather seats.

i think Landmark's price is very good for his capabilities. It's very cheap.

it's only IMHO.
P.S. i'm comparing this cars in Kazakhstan, so if you can find better car in your region for 20 000$ tell me, please. it's very interesting.

P.S. by the way SsangYong cars is most compareable with Landmark in this price range. I'm agree with that.

21 - 40 of 87 Posts