China Car Forums banner

61 - 80 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Looks nice..... especially in that classy environment. But how much longer can the ole Landmark sustain Zhongxing in such a competitive market? Seems like that talked about new product has got to appear soon.

Oh, and the V5....it's said to have a bit of vibration compared to the V6. :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
This is the worst car I drove in the last 30 years. It burns a looooooot of fuel. it has many malfunctions. I bought it and drove it 8000 Km of which 2000 Km to the service station and finally i sold it and lost 5000 US$ . it is very very bad car. The service station is very very bad. The assemble the car underneath the stair case and repair it in the dirties service station ever found . all these happened in Egypt

·
Registered
165 Posts
It's quiet outdated.

At least, it's a proof that Zhongxing is still alive. Because I haven't heard from them since the failed Chamco deal.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Joest said:
It's quiet outdated.

At least, it's a proof that Zhongxing is still alive. Because I haven't heard from them since the failed Chamco deal.
Brilliance sold its stake in the company in 2003 and the Huaxiang Group sold its stake in 2004, but it seems the Taiwan United Leaders Holding company is somehow keeping the company afloat. Although the deal to assemble in Russia from CKD kits, failed, reports are that such assembly sites are operational in Egypt, Poland, Vietnam, Jordan and maybe Iran.

And it's said that in Taiwan the Grand Tiger pickup sells quite well.

Without a strong injection of foreign capital such as Hawtai gets, I don't see how Zhongxing can survive much longer. It apparently gets no help from the central government, as do companies like Chery, Chang'an and Lifan.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I believe that all the small SUV makers in China are on a dead end.

Big SUV makers (Great Wall, Landwind, Nissan-Zhengzhou...) are getting really agressive. Small manufacturer's product are outdated and they can't match the leaders.

Gonow and ChangFeng were saved by GAQ. It seems that ZX Auto, after a failed deal with ChangAn, doesn't interest anybody.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Joest said:
I believe that all the small SUV makers in China are on a dead end.

Big SUV makers (Great Wall, Landwind, Nissan-Zhengzhou...) are getting really agressive. Small manufacturer's product are outdated and they can't match the leaders.

Gonow and ChangFeng were saved by GAQ. It seems that ZX Auto, after a failed deal with ChangAn, doesn't interest anybody.

Poland company have some work with ZX Auto, they even produce it there:

Production of ZX Grandtigers started in the former trucks factory in Lublin. Pol-Mot Warfama, the official producer of Chinese pickups announced that the first batch of twenty cars will assemble by the turn of the year - according to Kurier Lubelski. ZX Grandtiger will compete mainly with Tata and Isuzu, which were designed primarily for hard work in the accidental terrain. The producer ensures that the service network cover whole Poland.

"We are going to make an official Grand Tiger’s presentation after one month - said Mariusz Lewandowski, a Pol-Mot Warfama spokesman. We predict the basis version of Grand Tiger will cost around $60,000 with tax. This car is destined for agriculture, sanitation department or service companies as a workhorse" - Lewandowski explained.

The company has European homologation and a special agreement with Chinese maker more than a year. The most important is fact that the license agreement gives polish company exclusive rights to sell Chinese pickup not only in Poland, but also in other EU markets.

Warfama employs thirty workers in Lublin at present and also has plan to start produce Turkish tractors with 150 hp engine and it's going to employ another workers in future.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
micodelija said:
....... Pol-Mot Warfama, the official producer of Chinese pickups announced that the first batch of twenty cars will assemble by the turn of the year - according to Kurier Lubelski. ....... .
The turn of the year... I take that to mean no production until 2011.
Originally the plan was to begin producing the Grand Tiger in Lublin from September 2008. And so it has taken some time to get this venture off the ground.

I believe the Grand Tiger, and the Landmark, were introduced in 2005. Could we agree that it seems high time for a new generation of Zhongxing vehicles?:nod:

·
Registered
165 Posts
I thaught that Pol-Mot Warfame gave up their plan of a CKD Zhongxing in order to concentrate on importing the Roewe 750 and 550...

·
Registered
253 Posts
I thaught that Pol-Mot Warfame gave up their plan of a CKD Zhongxing in order to concentrate on importing the Roewe 750 and 550...
Warfama started to sell this vehicle in June 2011, but the price is not too suitablefor polish market IMO. The car is targeting farmers and small business, but the pickups of Toyota, Mitsubishi and Nissan cost the similar price

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello to everyone I'm from Ukraine... Does anyone have technical information about this landmark car? I mean what is like? Does it build on the Mitsubishi Pajero base? or what? Also I see that many SUVs in China use 4G64 engine... who produce this engine in China? I'm very interested in this SUV
Thank you in advance

·
Registered
6 Posts
Poland company have some work with ZX Auto, they even produce it there:

Production of ZX Grandtigers started in the former trucks factory in Lublin. Pol-Mot Warfama, the official producer of Chinese pickups announced that the first batch of twenty cars will assemble by the turn of the year - according to Kurier Lubelski. ZX Grandtiger will compete mainly with Tata and Isuzu, which were designed primarily for hard work in the accidental terrain. The producer ensures that the service network cover whole Poland.

"We are going to make an official Grand Tiger’s presentation after one month - said Mariusz Lewandowski, a Pol-Mot Warfama spokesman. We predict the basis version of Grand Tiger will cost around $60,000 with tax. This car is destined for agriculture, sanitation department or service companies as a workhorse" - Lewandowski explained.

The company has European homologation and a special agreement with Chinese maker more than a year. The most important is fact that the license agreement gives polish company exclusive rights to sell Chinese pickup not only in Poland, but also in other EU markets.

Warfama employs thirty workers in Lublin at present and also has plan to start produce Turkish tractors with 150 hp engine and it's going to employ another workers in future.
60000 USD is unreal for this pik-up... In Ukraine you could buy L200 and the price is near 26000 USD

61 - 80 of 87 Posts