China Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Zotye to roll out new oil hybrid car in Changsha

August 11, 2008

Shanghai, August 11 (Gasgoo.com) Jiangnan Auto, a subsidiary of China Zotye Holding Group which is a local manufacturer of scooters and ATVs, will roll out an oil hybrid model in Changsha this October, reported Changsha Evening newspaper.

The model, a hot selling utility family car in Europe, boasts smart appearance and roomy space. Equipped with six airbags, the ABS system, blue tooth, small refrigerator, and particularly driven by the petrol and natural gas hybrid power, the model is quite an economical family vehicle.

The Changsha facility of Zotye’s Jiangnan Auto, located in the city’s economical and development zone, is a mid-class to luxury car manufacturing base with over 2.6 billion yuan ($378 million) in total investment. Construction of this project will be completed in 2011

http://www.gasgoo.com/auto-news/7383/Zotye-to-roll-out-new-oil-hybrid-car-in-Changsha.html

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
"Oil hybrid"????
Is this non sense worth repeating. C'mon Gasgoo management, send your reporters for some technical education in alternate energy kinds, so they will know the difference between a hybrid and a flex fuel ICE driven vehicle........

·
Registered
165 Posts
Actually, it will be a gaz/petrol hybrid.

The article doesn't specify the platform. Is it the current Daihatsu clone? The Multipla? Or, at last, the Lancia Lybra?

·
Registered
4 Posts
the article doen't state what kind of platform, the term "oil hybrid" confuses me... and i know that there is no such thing as "oil hybrid"...

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
This article by "Kelly" of Gasgoo is a source of confusion on more than a few points. Besides making up the term of "oil hybrid", the author doesn't acknowledge that Jiangnan was indeed an auto manufacturer before it became a subsidiary of Zotye (see photos). But at no time did it manufacture the "luxury" cars alluded to. And the "mid class" the author talks about certainly doesn't include or apply to the "Alto" model that has been Jiangnan's bread and butter.
The author refers to it as a "family car" but with equipment like a refrigerator, I think Laofan is right, that it will more likely be something like a Multipla van. Joest, I don't think "roomy" is a term that could be applied to Zotye's current Daihatsu clone.
In any event I look forward to Gasgoo, or someone else, clarifying this development with some more reliable info.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Zotye to roll out pure electric SUV soon

December 29, 2008

Shanghai, December 29 (Gasgoo.com) Zotye Holding Group, one of the leading small car and medium sized SUV manufacturers in China, plans to launch a pure electric SUV model soon, Jinghua newspaper reported Monday.

The electric SUV will be equipped with the lithium iron phosphate battery provide by Wanxiang Electrical Vehicle Co, another Chinese EV maker focusing on clean-energy technology development. The engine gives the model a maximum power output of 11kW and maximum torque of 150 Nm.

The electric model will based on Zotye 2008 SUV and will have a top speed of 100 km/h. The launch date for the vehicle is still not available, according to the report.

Zotye is also producing Fiat Multipla and Lancia Lybra under its own brand. Their production line and technology have been bought by Zotye.

http://www.gasgoo.com/auto-news/1008884/Zotye-to-roll-out-pure-electric-SUV-soon.html

·
Registered
14 Posts
I am big fan of hybrid cars.
Hybrid technology is one of the best technology develop now a days in automotive world and doing great.Hybrid cars help the environment by using the less fuel.i would like to upgrade with this technology,so keep sharing!! :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts