China Car Forums banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello Every one, has any one seen the photo of the SOYAT SUV JUNDA 2008. If yes, can you post them for me to have a look.
thanks
Ayodeji

·
Registered
146 Posts
where does soyat get the supplies to make an automobile anyway??? Do they make it themselves? Are there any companies in china that can supply kits for the assembly of a car??

·
Registered
30 Posts
I read elsewhere that with the dissolution of the NAC/Fiat alliance that NAC could still produce its Fiat models with a different badge. Could these models (Perla, etc.) end up as Soyats or Austins (or both depending on market)?

·
Registered
469 Posts
Last I heard SAIC was going to purchase the factory for production of SAIC vehicles but that was months ago, not sure what the current situation is...

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Hello AGS2225, the article and pictures of the Soyat are more than one year old. Since a number of months, production of the Soyat stopped in Wuxi.
The hatchback, van, suv and pickup are not anymore in production. The sedan never made it (though I have seen new brochures, it was never produced). In 2006 I visited the Rui-Feng design studios in Wuxi, who was designing new models for Soyat. He showed me the models (yes, of course, no photos!) but I suppose they never saw the green light. I suppose the minivan and mini-pickup are not anymore in production in Wuxi.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Laofan, I guess that when Ningbo Bird opted for a divorce from NAC Soyat it signaled the impending demise of that operation.

That Seat-based Unique 优尼柯 utility van was a nice little workhorse and even looked good on the road.

It's too bad some other manufacturer didn't step in to buy the Soyat operation as there were apparently thousands of workers employed there, according to their website.

btw, I see that Ningbo Bird has since joined Changfeng for another try at the auto industry.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Hello Martin, (wikipedia showed me who was the real Martin Krpan..)
To me the old photos of the blue sedan (in my computer dated December 2006) give me the impression that this in fact the same vehicle as the one on the drawings, but that it is an early prototype.
Greetings!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Wow thats a shame. Next to the Chuanqi, this was one of my favorite cares. Hey eric, what was the name of the other partner that was in soyat? Because I tried contacting NAG & Soyat via email and no response, of course you said email is a terrible method of contact. Maybe I'll just contact them via phone. After all, they must still have the parts.

Come to think of it, can anybody suggest any other defunct automakers that I might be able to contact. I of course remember a few like Jiangnan, Yunque, Etc.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts